General Job Description/Assignment
Provide field sampling and data collection support to our environmental and facilities departments. This includes soil and groundwater sampling, indoor air quality data collection, environmental agency research, working with professional staff on as-built drawings, drilling operations, contractor oversight, building assessments, etc.
- Assist professional staff and project managers with other project related technical assignments.
- Assist in preparing proposals, presentations, and other technical communications.
- Assess water pollutants by collecting samples of groundwater, surface water, and industrial waste water per EPA and FDEP protocols.
- Determine chemical composition and nature of land pollutants by collecting soil, silt, and mud samples per EPA and FDEP protocols.
- Prepare summaries and charts by gathering and testing samples; analyzing and summarizing findings and trends.
- Produce environmental assessment reports, tabulating data and preparing charts, graphs and sketches
- Maintain remediation systems, chemical reaction systems, mechanical equipment, and other test instrumentation by installing; operating; completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Understand environmental and health & safety regulations and maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Assist with the procurement of materials, equipment, and supplies for projects. Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Must be able to communicate with clients and peers with professional diction.
Candidates must possess appropriate Bachelor of Science Degree in geology, engineering, or environmental sciences and have excellent writing and verbal communication skills. EOE. DFW.
Email your résumé